Tuesday 2 April 2013

The winner is.....

Well it's April already and Sketch Challenge #4 has ended. The winner is Jeanette Handley who received the most votes for her lovely male themed creation:


Jeanette wins a selection of Kanban's 'Get Britain Crafting' Toppers. Congratulations Jeanette!!

I am just putting the finishing touches to April's challenge, so watch this space.

On a separate note, I think my new hobby of baking is taking over! Over the last few weeks I have made 4 batches of cupcakes and a batch of sugar biscuits. All different flavours and all have been demolished in the blink of an eye!

Here are the creations so far....

Attempt number 1 using cake decorating magazines instructions:


Attempt number 2 using the same magazines instructions (This was to practice piping skills more than anything!):


Attempt 3 was free styling for Easter and my Mother In Law's birthday (starting to feel a bit more confident with the piping gun now!):


Attempt 4 - I'd bought some coloured Icing and some cookie cutters I wanted to play with:


and the last attempt was a recipe I found on a cupcake app and just had to try!! ( I did adapt it slightly as I thought chocolate drizzle topping would make it a bit different!) :


I have received several volunteers to sample the next batch, claiming they are willing guinea pigs until I master this new hobby and can call myself a 'proper' baker......strange how baked goods have this effect on people! The other suggestion is to branch out and consider a side line for Pink Pig. I'm not sure Pink Pig Cupcakes is all that inviting really, but certainly something to keep in mind.

Happy Crafting





No comments:

Post a Comment