Sunday 24 April 2011

Distress Inks

After attending the GNPE at Harrogate and learning new Distress Ink techniques, I have been busy dabbling and testing what effects I can achieve. I stamped a few images to play with and was pleasantly surprised at the finished results:-





I haven't decided what I want to do with the forever friends bears yet, though I am thinking about an Anniversary Card (I'll keep you posted!)

After finishing the flowers, I thought they would be ideal for my Gran's birthday card. After playing about with the different backing papers and ribbons, I finished the card quite quickly. It will be my Gran's 93rd birthday this time. She has been falling a lot lately and keeps telling us she doesn't have much time left, so I hope this will make her happy and that she will enjoy being with the family for a get together.



I absoluately adore this stamp and the distress inks have really added depth to the image. I am looking forward to playing more with these inks as the demonstrator mentioned that they are very versatile...... I guess only time will tell! If anybody has any hints and tips, please let me know.

xxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment